Tuesday 1 July 2014

LONDON like MALTA

I'm in London for 8 days visiting my sister in law and family. London is just like Malta except it's cold, damp, full of English speakers (except on the tube and on parts of the high street) with stagnant bathing ponds in Hampstead Heath for swimming which fail to deliver the charm of azure Mediterranean waters.
But who am I to whinge. It's lovely to be with family and see young Harry who is now 10 and taller, and Banjo the labradoodle who is two and also taller (catching up with Harry).

I'm going to visit the Maritime Museum at Greenwich this week to do some research on shipboard life and conditions on late 19th century ocean going sailing vessels - research for the book. And , as both Jo and Richard are gourmet cooks I'll need to do some walking as well as writing each day to keep my girth under control.

C'est la vie.




No comments: